Here is the third release in the collaboration between the Ensemble Intercontemporain and Alpha.
This time the musicians of the ensemble and their conductor Matthias Pintscher focus on American music: Intégrales by Edgar Varèse (1924), Music for Wind Instruments by John Cage (1938), Instruments I for six instruments by Morton Feldman (1974), Elliott Carter’s Concerto for clarinet and ensemble (1996), Steve Reich’s WTC 9/11 for string quartet (2009-10), Sean Shepherd’s Blur (2011), and David Fulmer’s Within his bending sickle’s compass come for solo horn and ensemble (2014-15). More than ninety years of creativity and musical profusion at the heart of the global city that the Ensemble Intercontemporain celebrates today.
This double album is released to coincide with the fortieth anniversary of the EIC: forty years of discoveries and of promotion of contemporary music at the highest level of performance.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
1. Edgar Varèse: Intégrales
2. Elliott Carter: Concerto for clarinet and orchestra
3. David Fulmer: Within his bending sickle’s compass come
4. Sean Shepherd: Blur
1. Steve Reich: WTC 9/11: I. 9/11/01
2. Steve Reich: WTC 9/11: II. 2010
3. Steve Reich: WTC 9/11: III. WTC
4. John Cage: Music for wind instruments: I. Trio
5. John Cage: Music for wind instruments: II. Duo
6. John Cage: Music for wind instruments: III. Quintet
7. Morton Feldman: Instruments I